[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
TehGamers private server • View topic - New players & Donation unbalance

New players & Donation unbalance

Open discussion about server

New players & Donation unbalance

Postby saimo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 am

I had to make this topic because there is no way for newcomers to get medals. U can get medals by voting, pvping, events, killing bosses, fs, cs, farm in bg. New players don't want to pvp vs old players with +30 skills +10 sets/weapons. So pvp in bg and events aren't fun for them getting insta killed. They can kill raid bosses but there is not that many of them and they are like permanently dead because some old players just try hard too much. And also drop from rbs was lowered its like 2-3 weeks ago. Dunno why it was good. Farm in bg is not worth it u get medals from medal keepers but u get flagged so again u get killed by old player. 1 medal from normal mob after u pvped... same problem. Yes u can farm medals by making clans taking fortresses which is not rly good way for newcomers to farm. There should be other way to get medals other than farming in bg (can be abused with bots). Making smth like 3 quests for medals running from place to another place talking with npc. I don't know how hard it is to make from a developer perspective. Other players can suggest smth else. Just make smth that new players can do to make medals all the time (and not 1 medals but something that is at least somehow well compared to donation amount about which I'm going to talk next).
Donations are basically like give me 10 bucks i give u +16 weap. It's awesome that someome at least I heard that someone is donating. u could just see that 1 week after server opened there was a guy running with +10 set +30 skills. That is obviously from donation because the amount u get for such a low price is ridiculous compared to the server economy. Once again it's awesome that someone is donating but server is completely unbalanced after that. And i understand that u made the price so low for such a lot of medals u need money to run the server.
So make a grind and maybe a fun way (opened to suggestions) to farm medals (not being abused by bots) so new players can compare the old ones and normal players can compare to donators.
saimo

Re: New players & Donation unbalance

Postby Loopy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 pm

I dont know why made those changes, instead of just banning bots or add anti-bot like on l33t
Loopy

Postby [DeCo] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:23 pm

[DeCo]
Site Admin

Postby [DeCo] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Well i'm all for BG instance, same mobs and MKs , enter avaliable every 24 h , for 1 hour , MKs don't flag and you can farm in peace self or with party,

what do you think ?
[DeCo]
Site Admin

Postby Flamizzle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Make a healer sub and do events, I've gotten plenty of medals by being best healer... on my Dominator. I don't have a +6 set or +10 wep and a few skills are +10. It takes a little time to get equipped here which isn't a bad thing. Choose your pvps wisely or just farm a little and do events when possible. In a week you'll be able to pvp kost people, just not the top.
Flamizzle

Postby maloukos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Deco go over suggestion topic and make some of this suggestions to happen.even on beta we talked about this!
maloukos

Postby saimo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:06 am

The idea of an instanced bg is fine but not the best because the problem isn't solved u can still bot for 1 hour instead of 24/day and nobody will catch a bot in an instance. I would prefer something else that u could just grind 24/7. U are active u get medals and not just waiting for events all the time in town. Was thinking about adding medals for finishing some easy quests. It needs more ideas from players, try to think about that.
saimo

Postby Ratamahatta » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:29 am

Deco put it nicely that there are many options and that we have a system that helps newcomers (much better as old/other servers afaik).

About quests ... i haven't spoken to him about this but i have an idea if you can help us out -
if there is some interesting quest we could maybe boost it's reward?

Hf, Rata
Ratamahatta

Postby [DeCo] » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 am

We will first try with instance cuz i already programed all.

The enter will be ip based also so there won't be any abuse, party or single char can enter the instance.

We will see how it will go ;)
[DeCo]
Site Admin

Postby Loopy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Loopy

Postby [DeCo] » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Not to be mistaken,

you can enter with your boxes and players from same ip, but creating another instance from same ip is 24 h based.
[DeCo]
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion